Thursday, July 24, 2014

Roomie Vacation

 
After a rough start to July, I needed some time away for a little R & R.  Fortunately, my annual reunion with my high school friends-and then college roommates- was already scheduled and I slipped away for a few days with my longtime girlfriends.
 
We stayed at the cottage of one of my roommates which is up in Michigan.  We had perfect weather....not too cold.... not too hot...... and not a drop of rain. 
 
This is me waiting for everyone to wake up.  I'm floating around on the pontoon in my jammies listening to the chorus of bird songs as they start their day.  Pleasant....... ahhhh.  I'm an early bird myself, so I always plan on a little quiet time before everyone gets up and around.
 
 
 
 
The making of Smores!  We had a great campfire with hot dogs and then Smores for dessert.  Not fancy, but just the perfect meal after a day in the water.
 


Here are my Roomies holding the tote bags that I made for them.  All of the bags are the same except for the linings.....well, and the initials too.


 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 



I just had a wonderful time being lazy and relaxed with my friends.  We live far apart and don't see each other often, so this time together is special.  I'm back at home now.... still adjusting to my new normal without Oliver, but it's going well. 
Now I just need Smore time with my Roomies! 
Until next year........

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast with your friends, just chillin' by the fire pit! Exactly what you needed!! What could be better then time with friends and chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to get together with special friends. So glad that you had some 'me' time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great get away and a perfect way to relax! Love the bags you made!

    ReplyDelete