Saturday, March 15, 2014

National Quilting Day

Happy National Quilting Day!
 
 
 
What did you do to celebrate the occasion?  I went to our 24th Annual Gathering of Quilters.  It's your typical quilt show with lots of quilts, lots of vendors, a catered lunch, and a keynote speaker.  This year, the speaker was Beth Ferrier of Applewood Farm Quilts.  She treated us with a humorous trunk show... lots of eye candy and some of her "true confessions."
 
I only took a few pictures of the quilts on display. If you click on them, you can get a better view.  (BTW, none of these are Beth's quilts.)  I'm a bat lover and this first quilt really grabbed my eye. 
 



This one was had the cutest little embroidery motifs all around each of the plain borders.  I just thought it was very clever and made a really simple quilt pattern stand out.  It would be perfect for mini charm packs.




In my opinion, this last one was the show stopper out of hundreds of quilts!  At first, from a distance, I thought it was an embellished quilt panel, but each item on the quilt is individually appliqued.  It was truly amazing and fun to read the book titles and just browse around the quilt.  She said the idea came from the wood grained fabric.  It was a great job, full of her special memories!


 
 
And if you can't get to a nearby quilt show, I hope you can grab some quality time with your sewing machine today!

1 comment:

  1. I spent 8 hours today standing at my longarm quilting a quilt for a customer - I have to deliver it to her on Monday at my guild's Quilt 'til ya Wilt. I'm wilted since I've been spending 8-10 hours a day on this quilt for 2 weeks now! Thanks for the eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete