Friday, August 9, 2013

Week two of the Sew Lux Quilt Along.  This week, I've added my sashing and my borders to the charm square sections.  Sorry about these pictures.  This quilt is only 53" x 60" but I don't have a large enough spot of floor space to lay it down for shots.  I had to put it on top of my bed for the pictures which leaves them distorted and not rectangular.  You get the idea, though.....
 
 
 
 
This is a nice pattern and a great use for charm packs.  Again.... go to the Sew Lux link above to get the free pattern and instructions.  I spent one afternoon sewing the charms together and another afternoon cutting and sewing the sashing.  Pretty fast for a nice sized lap throw.
 

 
 
Next week is the quilting and binding.  I struggle with the quilting part and will wait to see if they have some good tips for machine quilting instead of just jumping in and finishing my quilt right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment