Thursday, June 27, 2013

 
And then there were 12........, 12 blocks.  I finally finished the last block in the Designer Mystery BOM series!  I've loved all of the blocks and the fabric selection, which was Vintage Modern. 
 
 
 
 
This is a gallon size baggie filled with all of the leftover fabric from this BOM series.  It weighs almost 2 pounds!  Some of the pieces are small, like the triangles that you cut off of Flying Geese, but there are also larger pieces...... many FQ's and even larger pieces.  I would guess that there are about 5 yards in this baggie, plenty to make many more blocks, use as sashing, or whatever.  This is what has impressed me the most with The Fat Quarter Shop BOM's...... they are so generous with their allotted fabric that you don't have to worry about making a wrong cut.... there's plenty of fabric for a do-over.
 
 

 
 
I'm now ready to start the next Designer Mystery BOM series using the Avalon  fabric line, which I also love.  I've already received Block 1 and Block 2 will be here in a couple of weeks.  I always have good intentions to keep up to date, but life sure has a way of interfering with my sewing time.  We'll see how it goes this time around! 

1 comment:

  1. Wwo that is a lot of left over fabric. I have never done one of these block of the month programs. Allways on a tight budget here...But hmmm maybe I will try and swing one of these next year.

    ReplyDelete