Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I haven't had a lot of time for sewing lately, due to summer yard work.  Not that my yard is anything special, it just takes me a few days a week for general maintenance.  So anyway, sewing is only done in spurts, when time and energy allows.

I finished this purse a few weeks ago and mailed it off to Patti for a retirement gift.  This is the pattern that I used.  Lazy Girl patterns are very user friendly, and I highly recommend them.  They are fairly simple, if you take your time and read each step before proceeding.



Here's the front of the finished purse.  Patti had talked about getting an RV and doing a little traveling after retirement, so when I spotted this fabric, I thought it would be perfect.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  The front is divided into two large pocket sections.



This is the backside, which really shows off the cute RV's!


Inside shot, showing the pockets.  The same pocket arrangement is on the other side too.


And finally, a close up of the recessed zipper.  I had no idea how to do this, but again, if you follow the pattern and take your time, it's pretty simple to get a good finished result. 


Patti has received this now, so I can finally show some pictures.  I have some fabric cut out to make one for myself using different summer fabrics.  As usual....it will be added to my "to do" list for the time being.

2 comments: