Friday, March 13, 2009


I just registered at Art Fire today. It's a somewhat new venue for selling homemade arts and crafts. Right now, they are offering a promotional special for $7 per month. Unlike eBay and Etsy, there are no additional fees, you sell as much or as little as you want with only a $7 per month fee. This special is only being offered until the first 5000 artisans register, then it will go to $20 per month. The $7 will not increase for these first artists unless they leave Art Fire and come back at a later time.

All this sounds good but it will take awhile for Art Fire to gain the recognition of eBay and Etsy. You're taking a chance, of course, not knowing if it will ever gain a large audience. The risk is small though, as you may remove yourself from Art Fire whenever you want. If you aren't making any sales, just drop out.

Now, all this being said, I joined with another option.....the FREE one. Being financially challenged, I really can't commit to $7 a month. They have a free version that only allows you to sell 10 items at a time and there are fewer whistles and bells than the $7 version.

I don't know if I'll ever even try and sell anything, but the option is mine. Certainly, I had nothing to loose and I wanted to make sure that I could get the Art Fire name of my choice, "GracieOliverArts"!

Oh, I forgot to add that if you would decide to join Art Fire, would you please use "GracieOliverArts" as your referral source. If 10 people use me for their referral, it allows me to have a free account for life! Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

  1. I sent the site to several people. My friend who buys all the time from another site was happy to get this. I hope to see your things there! P.

    ReplyDelete