Monday, January 19, 2009

Here it is....a finished (almost) Thangles tablecloth! The finished size is 34" x 43". This would be a good size for a small (very small) lap quilt or wall hanging too. I say that it's almost finished because it will still need to be quilted and bound. I'll be using the largest border fabric for the backing and the purple fabric for the binding. It's at this stage that I loose my enthusiasm. I don't have the time and patience to hand quilt anymore, and I don't have a sewing machine that would do a particularly good job of quilting. I have many quilt tops, wall hangings, and lap quilts that remain at this stage of finishing. Since this is intended to be a tablecloth, I may omit the batting to make finishing it much easier. When you don't have the added bulk of batting, even a regular sewing machine will "quilt" the two layers together without shifting and puckering. There's no hurry to decide so I'm off to a new project!


(This quilt is actually rectangular. I put it on a curved surface and it now appears to be wavy. It isn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment