Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here's an update on those Christmas wall hangings. I've finished all of the actual piecing and ended up making 7 wall hangings instead of 6. One, as you can see, is different. I ran out of the fabric that I used in the others and thought this would be a better fit for my recipient anyway. I'm only showing you the backsides so that I don't completely spoil the surprise.

Now the hard part begins. I have appliques to sew onto the squares, then embellish, then quilt, then bind. Much of this can be done with the sewing machine. I'll have to hand sew the the binding to the back of the quilts and that part will be quite time consuming. There will be approximately 43' (yes, feet) of binding to hand sew! I'm just trying to finish them in the order that they will be given away, one by one. Fortunately, 95% of my Christmas shopping is done and I'll be able to devote lots of time to complete these. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment