Monday, October 20, 2008

After messing up yesterday's Psalm block, I received an email from the organizer suggesting that many of the pieces could be split in half in order to be able to make straight seams with no inset pieces. Well......duh! I'm not sure why I didn't do that, I guess I was just sticking to the pattern, as is. I have redrafted the pattern and will remake the block very soon.

With that thought in mind, I redrafted this Psalm block so that it did not have any inset pieces. It was going to be another really tough block and by redrafting and splitting 9 of the inset pieces into 18 pieces, I was able to make the entire block using straight seams. It involves more pieces and more seams, but ultimately, it makes a very simple and accurate block. Whew!

This is Psalm 85: 11-12. "Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven. The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest."

No comments:

Post a Comment