Tuesday, September 23, 2008


My first Psalms block. This one is Psalm 16:7, which reads "I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me".

I chose the darkest fabric to represent night, the red to represent my heart, and the gold to represent God.

This quilt will be made with fabric on hand except for the gold fabric, which will be the connecting fabric. Hopefully, I'll be able to use the gold fabric in each block if I can make it blend appropriately. I bought 5 yards of the gold fabric, which I hope will be enough. I may use it for borders or sashing as well, but I won't know until the blocks are finished and I plan the layout.

If you have an interest in this quilt series, "Quilting the Psalms", I also belong to two other quilting series that are Bible based. One is "Women of the Bible" (WOB) and the other is "The Names of Jesus". These are online Yahoo groups and are open to anyone. You will need to join each group with a short statement telling the leader why you wish to join. Then, on a weekly basis, you are given the week's lesson and pattern. Along the way, the participants post their blocks, their feelings while making the blocks, and how these studies have changed their lives, etc. It's a very rewarding study method that combines quilting with Bible study. There is no pressure to participate. In the WOB series, I've only made one block and we are on Week #35 out of 54 weeks. I just continue to read and print off the weekly lessons and will keep them for future use. You may join anytime and many women are on their second time through.

These links will have further information for you;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QuiltingthePsalms/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WomenoftheBibleQuilt/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QuiltingtheNamesofJesus/


No comments:

Post a Comment