Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm back from my knitting class. Out of 6 of us, 5 had done the knitting backwards. I'm not even going to try and explain what this means, but it throws the pattern out of whack. I'm also not sure how this error was overlooked at the first class, but it was. The good part is that all we had to do to correct the problem was to turn the sock cuff inside out. The bad part was getting used to another rhythm with the needles, after finally getting a rhythm established the old (wrong) way.

This sort of stalled the class as we had to regroup and get back on track. Because of this, we are now behind in our lessons. It was supposed to be a three week class, but they've extended it another week and told us to stop by anytime for further instructions. I live nice and close to the shop so it will be easy for me to get some personal instruction. I've started the heel flap, which was fairly easy, and after that's done, I'll get my next orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment