Wednesday, September 24, 2008



As the heel turns...............my new soap opera. Yes, I turned the heel! This was no easy feat (feet, hee-hee) for me and I'm really happy that the worst part of making the sock is over. I'm now knitting the foot part which is a simple knit stitch, round and round, round and round, for 7" to 8" or so. Mindless knitting......the kind that lets your fingers go on automatic pilot and you can actually watch TV and pay attention to the plot. No stitch counting. I'm hoping to have the foot part completed by next Tuesday, the last class, and then learn how to close the toe. I'm just thrilled to have made it this far, as it looked like I might not make it to the home stretch when the class started. I'll post a final picture next week of what I hope will be a recognizable sock!

No comments:

Post a Comment